Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Missed House

Well, I had the best of intentions as I began the evening: I was to grab a quick Del Taco dinner, then nestle down on the couch just in time to watch House on Fox. Mmmm... I miscalculated slightly, departing for Del Taco right around 8:00pm Central time, which just happened to be when House began. I caught the last five minutes of the show, which seemed interesting; unfortunately, though, due to my disorganization, I have too little fodder to comment on House this week. I hold out hope that next week, when my girlfriend returns and provides some semblance of structure to my disheveled life, I'll finally see House and add it to the list of medical shows which I shall review on this blog.

In an effort to salvage the evening, a friend and I watched Sin City at the theater. It was pretty good, a mix of Quentin Tarantino-style violence, film noir mystery, and good old fashioned sexual allure. I have a feeling that it will require a second viewing at least to collect the myriad connections between the delicatedly interwoven plotlines.

In other news, a touch of irony. I first learned the word untonsured in the opening chapter of Ulysses; now, after having employed the word in one of my blog post titles, I have jumped to the #1 "untonsured" search rank on Google. The next three search results quote the passage from Ulysses from which I gleaned the word in the first place. It's funny how that works.


ADDENDUM (5:54PM, 4/13): penis

2 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger phoenix said...

*tsk tsk* Shame on you Ian! Last nights house was the best yet! Full of suspense and drama. Not the kind in your show... but a sorta who-dunit but a what-dunit :)

Next weeks show is supposed to be even better!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Ian said...

MT -- I have amended the post to redress this omission. Sorry for the initial let-down.

Phoenix -- I'll see it next week for sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home