Friday, April 01, 2005

Add to that list untonsured

By the way, I am not only fat and ugly, but my hair is getting out of control. I already have an enormous head, but when I let it become overgrown with a thick matte of sandy-blonde, sprouting profusion, I begin to look rather ridiculous. For those of you who have ever played Goldeneye on Nintendo 64, and who have had the pleasure of entering that code that gives all the characters ultra-large heads, well -- you know just what I look like.

Anyhow, I have had a rather good day as I finally lit upon something about which I actually feel motivated to write -- not for my blog, but for real-life writing. I'm revisiting my college days, when I ran cross country and track and measured my life in weekly miles and pairs of worn out running shoes. I find it quite mentally liberating to re-live my running days in fiction, as my own running career came to a premature end due to injury. Watching fictional characters face the same challenges you did -- and then steering them either to safety or catastrophe -- can be a serviceable antidote for regret.

In other news, interest rates continue to rise, and the very real possibility exists that I will not be able to purchase the house I had decided upon as my home for the next seven years of residency. Ahh, disappointment.

But I'm fat, I'm ugly, I'm unkempt, and things have nowhere to look but up.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger An Epistemology said...

Hey - the full moon was last week, Mr. Not Fat and Ugly. ;-)

I can relate to having a good day because of finding a meaningful outlet in writing.

As for interest rates..UGHHH!!!! We are putting our little house up for sale next week. Maybe I will try this mantra...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home