Monday, March 21, 2005

My mood swings have put me in a bad mood

"Drying up in conversation
you will be the one who cannot talk"

I've been feeling out of sorts the past few days. I'm not sure if it's because of the recent Match that signifies the impending conclusion of my medical school training (and the inexorable advance of the next seven year phase of my life), because I will likely sign a contract on a ridiculously expensive house tomorrow, or because my girlfriend departed today for her three week trip to India. Whatever the reason, I have felt rather leaden. My blog has suffered, as you can perhaps surmise from my recent uninspired and laconic posts. On the plus side, though, I seem to have installed a new time sink into my life: Blogshares. Somehow becoming a mogul in fake blog stock has struck me as more important than reading or writing anything substantive the past few days. Well, I intend to readjust my priorities tomorrow and spend my time in a more constructive fashion. That's not to say I won't strive to increase my net worth in B$, but I will at least spend a few hours tomorrow writing. Perhaps getting my sleep schedule back in order wouldn't hurt either! (Sorry, no more 2am posts).

2 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger KarbonKountyMoos said...

Ahhh - it's the change in season and weather no doubt... along with missing your girlfriend, and the thought of upcoming changes in your routine and life.
And so what did I do? Share my obsession with BlogShares and create another monster...

Please forgive me!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Island Dave said...

Hey Ian. We probably aren't as hot as your girlfriend, and we surely can't change the chemistry of your food, but we hope you find some enjoyment at BlogShares nonetheless. We're glad you dropped in! If I can help you on-site at all, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Island Dave
BlogShares Admin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home