Monday, June 13, 2005

Speechless

Every once in a while, a news story will completely undermine my understanding of humanity, and leave me utterly incapable of producing any meaningful comments on the matter. Following this link led me to just such an earth-shattering, paradigm shifting story.

I'm not sure how long the content will remain in place, but hopefully those of you who are interested in abnormal psychology will have the opportunity to read this article.

Update: The link has apparently changed, and the story of a 50-something man who lives as a baby (an AB/DL -- short for Adult Baby/Diaper Lover) has passed along into the ether. The highlight of the story was that this individual actually trained himself no longer to be continent -- a task requiring much assiduousness and ingenuity, such as bolting his toilets shut -- so that he would be dependent upon diapers at all times. Wow.

3 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger L said...

I see that sort of thing at Fantasy Fest in Key West every year. It's always interesting to see the, um, variety of human psychology.

There is a very well-known goth club near where I live, and you can see all sorts of people there-- including a man who dresses up as Peter Pan EVERY DAY, even for work. If you want some very, um, interesting pics you can check him out at http://pixyland.org/peterpan/
(he even has his own fashion page)

actually a very nice man

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger KarbonKountyMoos said...

There was an episode of CSI about one of these big babies.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger phoenix said...

I must have read a different story... what I read was about an man being attacked by an insane cop. hmmmmm now you have me wondering lol

Glad your back Ian. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home