Sunday, May 08, 2005

This is supposed to be my vacation

As of Friday evening, I no longer have any medical student coursework or rotations to perform. My work here is almost finished. However, I seem to have an ever-ballooning docket of extracurricular obligations demanding my attention; today, for example, I helped a friend move into his house (a task which I will find myself repeating about twice a week until everyone I know is settled his/her new abode), then later spent the bulk of my evening doing laundry and preparing the lesson for another neuroscience case session. At least tomorrow, when I take a seat in front of a group of eager 1st year students, I'll be clothed in an undershirt and a black button-up shirt on top, with the intention of keeping my axillary hyperhidrosis below the threshold of detection.

When will I get to relax? All next week I'll be working frantically on our class variety show -- the organization of which falls largely in my lap -- and preparing a speech for our graduation on May 20th. After that perhaps I can resume the mental hibernation my taxed cortex so desperately desires.

2 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Ian said...

Can I still reply to blog comments?

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger phoenix said...

lol I just miss reading your adventures *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home