Sunday, April 24, 2005

Gathering no moss

I spent most of today gradually trying to pack the remaining items in my apartment and clean some of the mounds of trash I have accumulated over the years. It appears that I have succumbed to the genetic tendency in my family of hoarding every single item in my possession, regardless of its significance, until all available space in my living quarters has been obliterated. Thankfully, with the help of my girlfriend playing the part of the voice of reason, I managed to lighten the load at least nominally today, though I still have about 99% more junk than any 28 year old should reasonably possess.

I'm tired. As for blogging, it seems that all I have to offer are thoughts of a dry brain in a dry season. There I go pointlessly quoting people of infinitely greater writing ability than my own, meaning that once again it's time to step away from the keyboard and call it a night. Hopefully this coming week holds the promise of better blogging efforts.

4 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger An Epistemology said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger An Epistemology said...

My husband claims this genetic defect of saving things, for the simple reason I might need it someday, is a flaw that must be fixed. Anything that doesn't have a place isn't allowed here. "If you get something new you must get rid of something old," is what I am told almost daily (well, maybe it just feels like it.) I am sure in 20 years he will have me cured.

Good luck! I understand what moving feels like. Miles and miles away a tired mother of pre-schoolers is experiencing something similar.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger L said...

I have the SAME clutter-hoarding problem.... ugh!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Ian said...

See, I knew if I just waited around for a few days without posting anything, several people would break down and comment on an entirely uncompelling blog entry. Thank you for your support!

MT -- Thanks for the Tetris analogy -- the thought filled many otherwise unbearable moments of apartment packing with a touch of humor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home