Sunday, February 13, 2005

What happens to a Valentine's Day deferred?

My girlfriend and I, in observance of our rapidly approaching board exams, have decided to postpone Valentine's Day until early March. Which makes me wonder...

What happens to a Valentine's Day deferred?

Does it dry up
like month-old roses in a vase?
Or disseminate like a spore--
And then pepper your face?
Does it stink like too much perfume?
Or crust and sugar over--
like another damn box of chocolates to consume?

Maybe it just sags
like an American ass.

Or does it pass gas?


Wow, that was really lame. I'll have to figure out a reasonable argument as to why I shouldn't have my blogging privileges revoked after that one. My profuse apologies to Langston Hughes.

Oh, and I just learned from the Extreme Unction blog (which is a great read, by the way) that Pagoda Egg Rolls are the key to attracting traffic to one's blog. Apparently, scattering the term Pagoda Egg Rolls into your posts can substantially improve the number of searches that yield your blog's address. There's something magical in those Pagoda Egg Rolls. Mmmm...Pagoda Egg Rolls.

2 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Ian said...

Congratulations! (On the marriage, that is, not the financial ruin). I suppose you'll have to start a "February Fund" into which you deposit some percentage of your monthly earnings throughout the rest of the year.

On the plus side, you'll never forget an anniversary or a birthday! That's a stroke of genius right there.

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger KarbonKountyMoos said...

oh no - not the Pagoda eggrolls!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home