Saturday, February 05, 2005

Blogger's guilt

Being new to this whole blogging thing, I did not anticipate the existence of such a phenomenon as blogger's guilt. However, after not posting for a week and learning from my site meter that -- wow! -- a couple of people actually visited my site, I felt like an odious little waster of Internet space and browsing time. To think that I allowed a week to pass without providing content for someone gracious enough to care what I have to say! What a selfish bastard I've been! I'll have to schedule some zealous self-flagellation for sometime in the next couple of days. I'll pencil it in, anyhow -- hopefully I can get around to it.

Due to the fact that I recently committed to seven more years in Nelly's hometown (interestingly, also the hometown of Chingy, Murphy Lee, and J-Kwon, for those who care), a search for real estate has elevated itself to priority number one in my life. I have spent about 98% of my free hours in the past week poring over MLS listings, driving through neighborhoods, and viewing properties. Of course, there is one primary reason for my rapt enthusiasm for the new home search: my Step II board exam! As is always the case with fourth year medical students, the exigency of the need to study comes in inverse proportion to the will to complete said studying, and in direct proportion to the passionate desire to occupy oneself with any diversion, however mundane. So despite my looming exam date -- Feb. 22nd -- I will spend all day tomorrow looking at lofts and condos, fretting over whether I want to splurge on a unit with upgraded granite counter tops or stainless steel appliances. Hopefully, though, I'll make time for a little blogging. At least blogging seems a more likely endeavor than studying, which bodes well for my blogger's guilt. (Not so well for my overachiever's guilt).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home