Sunday, January 30, 2005

A paradox discovered in online quizzing

So I took a few online quizzes today, and I found some interesting results. To begin, I tried the Nerd Quiz. Here I learned that I am, in fact, a "Mid-Rank Nerd," placing in the 77th percentile of nerdiness. Next I tried the Loser Quiz, thinking that my well-established (but not overwhelming) nerdiness would also relegate me to the depths of the loser pack. Quite surprisingly, I learned that I actually rank as "Kinda Cool" -- cooler, as it turns out, than half of people. Hmm. It would appear that mid-level nerdiness does not preclude at least a modicum of coolness. I would like to think that my peculiar set of characteristics suits me well for the field of neurosurgery, which happens to be the coolest field of medicine (an incontrovertible fact), but one that nonetheless demands a redoubtable degree of nerdiness.

Anyhow, I also proceeded to take the Spoiled Rotten Quiz, and learned that I rank at about the 70th percentile of spoiled rottenness. I wasn't aware of having been so spoiled, but that's perhaps because I'm largely surrounded by a gaggle of overeducated, overprivileged medical students in my social circles. Incidentally (and scarily), I had my girlfriend take the Spoiled Rotten Quiz as well...she scored in the 98th percentile, and was told by the website, "You are spoiled, spoiled, spoiled, you brat!" She vehemently denied this assertion, but I have had similar suspicions myself. Good thing she'll be a dermatologist, and can spoil herself rotten as needed.

2 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger KarbonKountyMoos said...

Oh NO! I took the spoiled test and look at this:


17 -
What does this mean? Spoiled is not even in your dictionary. We feel sorry that you have lived such a deprived life. Do yourself a favor and buy something for yourself, RIGHT NOW! Don't delay!

I never thought that I was spoiled, and I guess that proved it.... I guess I'd better get over to eBay.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Ian said...

I hope the eBay spending spree went well! You should re-check your spoiled quotient after stocking your home with online auction goods -- who knows, you might break the 20 barrier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home